Re: Oracle 8.1.5 and Enterprise-Manager

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 20:37:47 -0400

    OEM 2.04 is installed in its own Oracle home and has its own tnsnames.ora file whcih you have to set up in addition to the Oracle tnsnames.ora file. You can probably just copy your Oracle file into OEM.

    I run the combination of 8.1.5 and OEM 2, so it does work. You just need to configure it properly.

    You will notice that it takes a lot longer to launch OEM 2 than prior versions. OEM 2 is written in Java and is very slow.