Re: Automatically altering session

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 19:03:06 GMT

Hi.

 I did such a thing by using STORED PROCEDURE and calling  it at the beginning of C program ( used it to start  TRACE as well ).
 As far as I know - there is no difference in Oracle  behavior ( C or Cobol ) in that case.
 So I am totally supporting Karen's suggestion.

 Good luck. Michael.

In article <37C581E8.31A2F6B9_at_fmr.com>,   Karen Abgarian <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com> wrote:
> Hi Jill
>
> I'm afraid there's no robust way to do it from inside the database.
Somebody
> mentioned
> ON-LOGON database triggers, but they are not available in O7.
>
> The nicest place to put this ALTER SESSION statement is the beginning
of your
> job's
> code. Perhaps you can find a way to put it there.
>
> Rgrds,
> Karen Abgarian.
>
> Jill wrote:
>
> > We run PeopleSoft on an AIX server using 7.3.4.3. Our on-line
systems runs
> > well in CBO, but the batch COBOL on the server runs better in RBO.
Does
> > anyone know of a way that AIX can detect a batch process
initiating, and
> > issue an "ALTER SESSION SET OPTIMIZER_GOAL = RULE"? We would then
leave the
> > database in a default mode of CHOOSE.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Aug 28 1999 - 14:03:06 CDT