Re: DBLINKS and Network Traffic

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 20:30:07 GMT

Having just gone thru setting up such a link in a Netware 4.11 environment I discovered that you need to have the IP address of the REMOTE1 server in the tnsnames.ora on HOST1 (and vice versa in case you want to create a dbalink on HOST1 to Remote1 ) -- You cannot use a DNS-type service name, since Netware is not able to do a DNS names lookup...

( Your client works, because the client's TCP/IP setup knows how to do that...)

Hope it helps,

John Greco