Re: Nested Transactions?

From: KARY KALAPANDA <kary_kalapanda_at_groton.pfizer.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:20:10 -0400

It is possible to do this even in the 7.x .

what you need to do is use a 'database identifier ' get two connections to the database

in pro*c :

// remember, these are connections to the same database , just tso different // identifiers
exec sql connect :username identified by :password at db_name1

exec sql connect :username identified by :password at db_name2

exec sql insert into table_at_db_name1 values(......);

exec sql insert into table_at_db_name2 values(......);

commit_at_db_name2 or rollback_at_db_name2 // this commits or rolls back only statement 2.

based on statement 2's outcome you can do whatever you wish with statement1.

Kary Kalapanda.