Re: Listener problem

From: Lennart Holmgren <lenhol_at_swipnet.se>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 16:59:20 +0200

Hi Sybrand, thanks for Your suggestion much appreciated. I'm still confused since i've resetted the listener.log for about three weeks ago and it has now grown to :

"-rw-r--r-- 1 oracle dba 3902829 Aug 27 16:21 listener.log ". The one before that was as You said big about 20MB or:

"40904436 Aug 10 13:48 listener.990810log", but there was no such problem to logon and get connected to the database that we are experiencing now. I try too not letting logfiles grow to much.

Is the size of the log still a problem or is it something else ?

About the trace level admin i put that in yesterday to see if i would get some kind of
error message or something too get me closer to a solution of the problem.
So it has almost not been running with admin trace level more then the last 2
days.

How can I query how many users are allowed to logon to the database ?

Is there a license dependency within Oracle DBMS how many user that can connect to the database based on the purchase ?

Lennart Holmgren

Thanks again for any information that could bring some enlightment to this problem..

Regards
Lennart Holmgren