Re: Help! Lost tablespace datafile

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:54:01 -0700

Arvind Krishnaswamy wrote:

> I accidentally deleted a tablespace dbf file whilst creating a database
> before dorpping the tablespace. So Oracle thinks the file is still
> around and does not let me either re-create/drop the tablespace again
> and I do not have a backup of the file.... Is there any way to get
> around this problem other than starting from scratch and creating the
> database again?
>
> Oracle version is 8.0.5 on Digital Unix .
>
> Thanks
>
> Arvind

AFAIK, you can still create the datafile, try ALTER DATABASE CREATE DATAFILE 'the fully qualified name you used'; Orcale will use size info, etc from v$datafile, where it should still be mentiond.

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
V&L Informatica BV                   Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Fri Aug 27 1999 - 13:54:01 CDT