Re: CBO and Oracle version

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 17:45:46 +0800

michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Does anybody using COST BASED OPTIMIZER and Oracle 7.3.2.3?
> My tech. support people say that there are "problems" with it,
> but they cann't specify more than that.
>
> Michael.

Our experiences have been:

7.3.2.1		- disaster, CBO can causes db crashes
7.3.2.3		- better, still probs when INDEX_DESC used
7.3.3.5		- large improvement, no CBO problems found, but large PLSQL
packages with lots of pragmas can cause problems
7.3.4		- as above, PLSQL better
8.0.5		- as above, but lots more new goodies to play with
8.1.5		- still deciding...

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Thu Aug 26 1999 - 04:45:46 CDT