Re: Oracle8i installation on Debian Linux

From: Simon griffiths <s.grififths_at_virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 16:07:42 +0100

I had a similar problem on Redhat 5.2

This shared library seems critical to all the oracle client software. You

may find that everything except svrmgr fails with the same error.

I solved it by re-installing the client option - but I think that all this
really did was to ensure that everything was re-linked correctly.

Later I found (at the bottom of the Linux Install or admin guide, sorry I cannot remember which) instructions on how to manually re-link - this may work too

Best of luck.