Re: root.sh Please raise the ORACLE owner's ulimit as per the IUG

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 10:44:14 +0100

NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net> wrote in message news:37c3fe24.66611429_at_news.earthlink.net...
> Hi folks,
>
> This error baffles me. When I issue ulimit on oracle account I get
> unlimited.
> [ORCL_at_seoul oracle]$ whoami
> oracle
> [ORCL_at_seoul oracle]$ ulimit
> unlimited
> [ORCL_at_seoul oracle]$

Its not an error. This parameter is the maximum file size allowed on the system. In prvious versions of UNIX you would find it set to the number of bytes in 2Gb (can't remember exactly). The Oracle installer checks the output of ulimit against a number. Look in the script and find where it does the comparison. Then issue the command 'ulimit <number bigger than the one in the script>'
run root.sh again - the error will not be there.

Checkout 'man ulimit' for more info on this command

Alex Received on Thu Aug 26 1999 - 04:44:14 CDT