Re: Newbee question : How do i setup multiple sids on the same machine

From: Sigrid Ehrenreich <seh_at_carus.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:46:12 +0200

Dear Dinyar,
If you had orainst create your first instance, it should have created some files in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs like initSID.ora, configSID.ora crdbSID.sql. Copy those files, change the SID in all those files (and the File Names, too), export the new ORACLE_SID and run crdbNEW_SID.sql.

Yours
Sigrid Ehrenreich
seh_at_carus.de