Recreating file system which contain data files

From: Chuck <ccarson_at_phi.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 23:40:13 GMT

I am needing to blow away some file systems and recreate them.

The file systems are RAID 0/1 and contain all my oracle data files, control files, and logs.

Can I simply shutdown the databases, relocate these files to temoprary storage, blow the file system away, recreate them, and then move the files back into place and be able to start the database back up?

btw; This is a Solaris 2.6 box using Veritas 3.3.1 on a Fibre Array (5200)

I have several recent cold backups of these file systems on DLT for safety.

Thanks,
Chuck Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 18:40:13 CDT