Re: Is it possible to include external programs into Oracle processes ??

From: Joe Maloney <mpir_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:18:32 GMT

If you are talking about using compressed tablespace datafiles, such as on MS-$$$$ compressed drives, it is usually frowned upon. This is because ORACLE has no way to know how much room a tablespace actually has on its disk. If you create a 100MB tablespace datafile, store 50MB in it that is stored compressed to 20MB on the drive, when oracle trys to write another 50MB to it, the additional space may not be there.

--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CCP,CSP,CDP
MPiR, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 15:18:32 CDT