Re: ROLLBACK tablespace needs media recovery when startup mount;

From: G.P. Singh <anspa_at_spiff.hr.att.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:29:45 -0400

Hi,

If u r running Archive mode , try dropping that offline datafile(make sure system rollback segment is not there), or first drop rollback segments in that tablespace ,shudown ,remove those rollback segments from init<sid> .ora file, and try
bringing up.
If u want to drop the tablespace, create two rollback segments in system tablespace,shutdown,edit init<sid>/ora
file for rollback segment parameter, startup mount , drop datafiles, open,drop tablespace,recreate tablespace, recreate rollback segments,shutdown,edit init<sid>.ora file and that's it.

Now if it does not allow u to drop rollback segments or rollback segment tablespace,edit init<sid>.ora ,put a
parameter _corrupted_rollback_segment=<the rollback segment causing drop failure> and bring up oracle
and then drop tablespace/roll back segment. This parameter should be first discussed with oracle/or u must have a backup.

Take Care
GP