Re: Java Query

From: C. Ferguson <c_ferguson_at_rationalconcepts.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 11:08:55 -0700

No, you need a VM on your machine to run applications. Although the browser has an internal vm, that is for the browser and since you wrote an application it has no access to that vm.

But, here's a thought, since you found the JRE area for the browser, was there a java.exe in that directory?

If so, you can try and type java yourapplication, or java -classpath ... your application.

And here's another thought, how did you compile your .java into the .class file?
If you have javac.exe, you generally have java.exe.

To get the correct environment, go the javasoft web sight and download the JDK or the JRE for your platform.

Good luck,
Cindy