Re: installing oracle 8.0.5 on aix 4.3.2

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:18:40 -0400

Hi Gabriel,

    Assuming that you already did the tasks that should be performed as root before you started installing and preinstall tasks that should be performed as oracle my standard solution to this problem is to open up another window, change the permissions on the file in question, and then retry. (Yes, I know this shouldn't be necessary, but every once in a while Oracle slips up).

    If you haven't performed all of the tasks that are specified in Chapter 3 of your Installation Guide you should kill the install, go back and do them, and then try again.

    For what it is worth I have installed more than one version of 8 on several AIX boxes and don't recall any particular problems.

regards
Jerry Gitomer

Gabriel Zavala wrote in message <37C307E6.26B7B510_at_tivoli.com>...

>Trying to install oracle 8.0.5 on aix 4.3.2 throws this error
message.
>I've also, seen this same error when installing oravw.
>Any ideas?
>

> A permission denied error occurred while trying to make the
>directory '/data/database/oracle/805/ocommon'. (Not owner.)
Would