Re: 8i Install linux on Suse 6.1 | SQL*Plus Problem on Linux

From: Scherp Ansgar <Ansgar.Scherp_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 15:58:34 +0200

Doeni schrieb:

> Mike Mountjoy wrote:
> >
> > Has anybody encountered problems with the Installer giving a
> > segmentation fault?, even
> > before display is intialised.
> >
> > I know certain problems exist with display drivers ,but, I think I'm
> > suffering from a different problem.
> >
> > Does anyone know where I can get truss for linux?
> >
> > Regrds,
> > Mike
>
> My guess is that the problem is because of the glibc release.
> SuSE 6.1 has glibc 2.0.7.
> According to the installation 8.1.5 requires glibc 2.1
> The solution is to either install glibc 2.1, or to install SuSE 6.2
I have installed Oracle 8.1.5 on Debian Linux. I had to upgrade my system vom Slink (Debian 2.1) to Potato which uses glibc 2.1. The installer works fine, but when I start SQL*Plus I get the following error:
$ sqlplus
sqlplus: error in loading shared libraries: /home/oracle/product/8.1.5./lib/libclntsh.so.8.0: undefined symbol: nauzaoss

Can anyone help?

Ansgar Received on Wed Aug 25 1999 - 08:58:34 CDT