Re: UTL_FILE and binary files

From: Steve B <steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 14:12:16 +0100

utl_file is used to read / write text files in the server directories....

When we wanted to create binary files we went into the world of external procedures, passed the data to a C dll and then let it write to the server file system....

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Steve Bright

steve.bright_at_capgemini.co.uk