Re: Help with Exporting/Importing

From: Luis Campos <lcampos_at_cpcis.pt>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:46:59 +0100

"Lack of Documentation" can also be "Lack of Will to Find It"... Anyway...Two things: don't name you users or objects after Oracle Reserved words. Second: If you want to pick a user from one DB and put it in another DB you have to follow these tasks:

1) run on the OS console: exp user/password FILE=user.dmp
2) create a user on the target DB (say called user_target)
3) Give this user_target the same permissions the user from the source DB
had
4) run the following command: imp user_target/password FILE=user.dmp FULL=Y if you try to do it on top of a user_target and some of the objects might already exist, you might consider adding the argument IGNORE=Y.

Luis Campos.