Re: What Sun platform use?

From: Jeff Hunter <jeffh_at_btitelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:55:46 -0400

That's an OK box for a while, but you will have to look at how this database will grow. If you are expecting a large growth rate, you should look at something more scaleable, E450 at a minimum.

I would also look at a hardware based RAID unit, A1000 at a minimum. If you are in a high availability environment (24X7) you might want to look at something that is dual ported (D1000).