ORAcle Error 27062

From: The Chuckster <ccarson_at_phi.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 00:26:09 GMT

I have a disk failure on a Solaris Box which was 1 of 5 disks in a Raid 5 array. Around the same time Oracle apparently died and all I can glean from the Oracle log files is this:

CKPT: terminating instance due to error 27062

BY instance, does this mean the database instance, of one of the Oracle backgorund proceses?

Regardless, Oracle was completely down and had to be restarted but no corruption had occured. (or would I know this running in archivelog mode?)

What is this error and also where can I go to look these errors up? I have a shelf full of Oracle books and I could not find this in any of them.

Thanks,
Chuck Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 19:26:09 CDT