multiple snapshots on one table

From: Shuang Li <sli1_at_cs.umbc.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:23:01 -0400

I have one master site, two replicated sites, all of which runs Oracle 7.3. I'm setting up snapshots with one site replicating some of the tables of the master site with partial data of each table, and the other remote site replicating some of the tables with full data. Both remote site use fast refresh.

My question is: when one site have a job queue broken or sort problem due to different reasons, and I need to fix that particular snapshot, what should I do? Both of the remote sites rely on the same mlog$_* table on the master site. It seems that I can't just use "dbms_job.run" 'cause it will give an error of ORA12004, but if I alter it to complete refresh and run "dbms_refresh.refresh", the snapshoted table contain no data even though no errors returned when I do that. ---- I try to avoid to drop all the snapshots and snapshot logs, because this is a production enviroment running 24hrs 7 days.

I'm really confused. I'll appreciate it if anyone would give me some suggestions on how to approach this kind of problem.

Thanks a lot.

Shuang