Re: CUSTOM data integrity constraint

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:05:02 GMT

A copy of this was sent to Nandakumar <N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:41:42 GMT, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>There are two fields in a table which are of datatype varchar2.
>Say Field1, Field2.
>When Field1 is NON NULL, Field2 CAN'T be NULL.
>How could i impose this as a constraint to one of the fields?
>I think this is achievable with INSERT trigger.

create table t
( f1 int,
  f2 int,
  check ( f1 is null or ( f1 is not null and f2 is not null ) ) )
/

if f1 is NULL, the data is OK
if f1 is not null then f2 must also be not null....

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 13:05:02 CDT