Remedy Action Request System

From: Alan Baker <alan.baker_at_europe.simoco.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 16:30:33 +0100

Apologies if this is the wrong group - but desperation has set in.

I am porting Remedy's Action Request System (3.2) from a flat file system to Oracle (7.3.4) on Solaris.

Everything works fine except when I try queries, I keep getting ARS errors stating:

"The underlying database does not support qualifications on diary fields and character fields with a maximum length over 255 bytes".

Several of my character fields are much longer than this. Where am I going wrong? Is this a function of Oracle? The ARS manuals are particularly vague on SQL databases.

(Is there an ARS news group anywhere which would be more pertinent?) Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 10:30:33 CDT