Oracle vs. Informix

From: Keith Sharp <ksharp_at_bear.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:43:23 GMT

I am in the process of analyzing databases for a new document imaging system. We currently use Informix but management is wanting to explore solutions by Oracle.
We will have approx. 450 users, possible 125 concurrent users and probably 40-50 simultaneous DB calls.
The database currently has 5.7 million rows with BLOB data averaging 40K each, and an optical storage manager.
It will be a 3-tier client server environment with a 3rd party app handling all optical/magnetic migration.
We operate on Sun OS.

Can anyone with both Oracle and INformix exposure give me some feedback and opinions. I am looking at both the workgroup and enterprise solutions for both, but it appears enterprise will better suit us. Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 09:43:23 CDT