Re: How to change SID?

From: Alex Hudghton <alex_at_alenda.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 08:46:14 +0100

Cheong <ccheong_at_my.lhsgroup.com> wrote in message news:37c22937_at_news.lhsgroup.com...
> Hi:
>
> Surely there's are ways to change SID without recreating a db.
>
> I've scanned through the posted messages but found none, unfortunately.
>
> Can someone give me a hint or point me to where I could find some info on
> this?

To change the SID rename the init<SID>.ora file, reset the variable ORACLE_SID and start the instance.

To rename the database, checkout how to recreate the controlfile from the manuals (available on line @ http://technet.oracle.com/ - free registration)

Alex Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 02:46:14 CDT