Re: Creating Duplicate Users

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:32:18 GMT

The user XXX tables exist whether user YYY is logged on or not. If user YYY wants to access tables that belong to XXX, he has to indicate so in his query by appending the userid of the owner to the table name, like this:

    select * from xxx.some_table_name

or create a synonym for xxx.some_table_name:

    create public synonym some_table_name for xxx.some_table_name

then all users can simply "select * from some_table_name"

Read up on schemas and ownership.

In article <7pshm7$q4t$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   ether_nut_at_my-deja.com wrote:

> I've got 15 tables setup for full access owned by xxx user. I want to
> let user yyy access these tables but as read only. How do you do this?
> yyy user is already setup with correct object select rights, but I am
> trying to figure out how to get the table views of user xxx to exist
> when logging in as user yyy.
>
> ether_nut

Ed Stevens
(Opinions are not necessarily those of my employer)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 07:32:18 CDT