Oracle 8.1.5 on redhat 6.0

From: Maiko <maiko_at_dds.nl>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:30:16 GMT

Has anybody a good (step to step) pointer on how to install

Oracle 8.1.5 on Redhat 6.0 linux

As i am a newbie on Linux I don't know if I did all well, but the fact is that

  1. my eth0 device fails at bootup (however this does not infect the Oracle isntallation I think)
  2. i installed the JRE (which Oracle says is required) but... when i run ./runInstaller only a short period a window opens and closes and it is telling me wait... but i can wait and wait, nothing happens.

If you have experience in installing Oracle 8.1.5 on redhat 6.0 please send me an e-mail on how you did it or an ICQ number.

Mine is 5843294.

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Maiko (mikje on ICQ) Received on Tue Aug 24 1999 - 06:30:16 CDT