Re: Where to get plantable information about runtime queries!?!

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:53:23 -0400

Hi John,
Enable the SqL_Trace at the session level (ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE=TRUE; or
dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session('SID','SERIAL#',TRUE); Run the Program;
Disable the Trace ( Replace 'TRUE' wth 'FALSE' in those statements);

This will generate a Trace file in $USER_DUMP_DEST as specified in u'r Init or config.ora files.

Then do a
tkprof <trace_file> <output file> explain=user/password sys=no

which will generate detailed report about all the Queries,Cpu consumed,Execuion path,Logical and Physical reads etc..

hope this helps

-Thiru