Re: Oracle 8.0.3 on Solaris 2.7: ORA-27102 Out of memory

From: Alan Jeskins-Powell <apowell.dgo_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 18:46:08 +0100

Sounds like solaris kernel parameters need increasing, in particular check out the shared memory param's shmmax and shmmin (installation guide gives recommended values).
Otherwise, try decreasing Oracle parameters in initSID.ora (eg shared_pool_size, db_block_buffers in particular) and keep trying the start. If you make the values low enough the db will start.

Hope this helps.

Alan