Application server, Perl, DBI, DBD

From: Harry Andree <Harry_Andree_at_mssm.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:03:35 GMT

Hello Everybody,

We are trying to use the Oracle Application server with Perl. I'm able to
run Perl programs. When I try to connect to the Oracle 8.15 i database I'm not able to connect. We are using the standard 0.44 DBI and the 0.79 DBD::Oracle packages and Perl 5.003. I'm able to get a different Perl installation (With later versions) to work.
So my program is working.

My questions:
Do the DBI, DBD libraries work with 8i? How should they be installed, e.g. in what directories? If we have to recomnpile a later version of Perl then how do I comnpile it to work with the App server?

Thanks for your help.

Harry Andree Received on Mon Aug 23 1999 - 10:03:35 CDT