Re: 8i - Designer - Developer Installation

From: Kelvin Kirkland <kkirklnd_at_ican.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 05:42:55 GMT

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:47:04 -0400, Richard Cuello <rc370_at_columbia.edu> wrote:

>Can you Install Oracle8 and oOacle 8i on the same machine?
>
>Also, Can you install Designer and Developer with Oracle 8i? I've been
>trying and I have been getting error on instalation.
>
>Please E-mail me with a response
>
>Thanks
>Richard

You should be able to install both Oracle 8 and 8i on the same machine....they will have to be in different homes however.

The same goes for Designer/Developer...must be in a different home than 8i

We are running Designer/Developer against an 8i database without any problems.

Hope this helps

Kelvin Received on Mon Aug 23 1999 - 00:42:55 CDT