Re: Size datafiles

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 02:22:28 GMT

On Sun, 22 Aug 1999 12:08:08 +0200, Johan den Boer <jj.den.boer_at_hccnet.nl> wrote:

>I have created a database and my data file have a size of 15M. I want to
>
>make this a little bit bigger, so how do I extend this.

You may be able to resize it:

ALTER DATABASE

	DATAFILE 'path and filename go here'
	RESIZE 30m;

The path and filename must match that shown in v$datafile;

If for some reason this does not work, you can always add another datafile to the tablespace.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are Received on Sun Aug 22 1999 - 21:22:28 CDT