Re: Oracle 8.0.5.0.0 on Linux

From: AnandVadul <anandvadul_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 14:55:00 GMT

 You have missed one of the pre installation libs.  Take a look at this site

  http://jordan.fortwayne.com/oracle/rh6x.html  Follow the GURU as he says and thy wish will be done.

In article <19990806160929.05019.00000837_at_ng-ce1.aol.com>,   rolender_at_aol.com (ROLENDER) wrote:
> I am in the process of installing Oracle onto a Linux box. The
installer seems
> to work well until, however, the Installer attempts to install the
Oracle Names
> package (libnno.a). The install crashes and put me into my shell
prompt where
> I can't type any commands, etc.

 The install process issues a clear on the screen and hence you cant see the output. Scroll up on the same shell prompt and you will still  see all the output.

Can anyone lead me on the correct path, Im

--
- Anand Vadul
 Share what you know,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sun Aug 22 1999 - 09:55:00 CDT