SQL update statement problem!

From: Adrian Harrison <adrianh_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 10:48:21 GMT

Using Oracle 7.3.4

I'm trying to create a SQL statement that will update (see tables below), nls_crafts.inc_in_renew field to 1 if nls_tariffs.inc_in_renew field = 1. The fields are related via the tariff_id field.

nls_crafts                                      nls_tariffs
tariff_id       (Foreign Key)              tariff_id        (Primary Key)
inc_in_renew                                inc_in_renew

Something like -

UPDATE nls_crafts SET inc_in_renew = 1 WHERE nls_crafts.tariff_id = nls_tariffs.tariff_id AND nls_tariffs.inc_in_renew = 1;

I keep getting error "ORA-00904" - invalid column name on "nls_tariffs.inc_in_renew" field even though the column definately exists

Any ideas? - I'm sure it must be something really simple!

Thanks

Adrian Harrison Received on Sun Aug 22 1999 - 05:48:21 CDT