Re: EXP80/IMP80 - problem with users

From: Barth Siemens <nospam_at_uniserve.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 07:45:18 GMT

On 20 Aug 1999 09:38:49 GMT, Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

>Env.: Oracle 8.0.5/NT 4.0
>
>I'm trying to find a way to save a database and restore it
>identically into a freshly created instance.
>
>I'm doing EXP80 full=y and IMP80 full=y but during import
>all user related info is spit out as error. GRANTs to certain
>user created tables are not processed because the specified user
>doesn't seem to exist at the time the import is done.

I've done this a few times, and have needed to re-run several commands that bombed -- noted in the log. If you're creating an identical database, it may be easier to copy the physical files (init.ora, log files and data files), use ORADIM80 and recreate the control file with the correct directory entries.
--
Barth Siemens
Change the email address from nospam to bsiemens. Received on Sun Aug 22 1999 - 02:45:18 CDT