ORA-01000

From: S Gentley <sgentely_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 15:36:22 -0400

I have maxopencursors set to 1000 and still get the ORA-1000 error. The application running is a form which has a button that will update some rows and insert new rows into 2 tables. Each table has a database trigger. In the triggers the various select statements coded for validation of data were implicit selects. I modified all selects so I could open, fetch then close them. This did not make any difference. As long as the user stays in the applicaton, the new cursors opened are added to the old cursors already opened. I checked this by looking in V$OPEN_CURSORS and after each transaction the user did new entries were placed here. Running 8.0.4 on a DEC Unix platform.

Does anyone have other ideas which would close the cursors.

Thanks Received on Sat Aug 21 1999 - 14:36:22 CDT