Re: Creating Views

From: Karen Abgarian <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 17:22:06 -0400

Hi Kenny,

The syntax for creating such a view is:

create view xxx as select a.cust_id, a.first_name, a.last_name, b.loves_children
from customer a, preferences b where <here goes join condition>;

If columns names coincide, use qualifiers, like a.name newname. When you create
such a view, you may not be able to do all the operations against it, because there
is a number of restrictions. And I doubt it that Oracle will ever update two underlying
tables. See the manual and make sure you understand all the implications of modifying thru a view. And, it's really more easy to modify the base tables directly.

Regards,
Karen Abgarian.