Re: order by in VIEWs

From: Steve Haynes <steve_at_rwx777.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:07:43 +0100

In article <37c11222.271262004_at_newshost.us.oracle.com>, Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com> writes
>>Why oracle doesn't allow "order by" in view definitions? It would be such
>>a handy feature. Is it allowed in 8i, in the "materialized view"?
>>
>>Robert Xu
>
>It is allowed in Oracle8i, release 8.1 with a regular view.

Thank Gowd for that, I had no end of fun trying to emulate an ordered view based on a ref cursor on 8.0.5. I forget the reasons now, but it wouldn't have it. Steve
--
Please remove nospam from my address to Reply. Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 18:07:43 CDT