Re: inconsistant sql behavior

From: Karen Abgarian <karen.abgarian_at_fmr.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:09:11 -0400

Hi Ed

this is not the way it's going to work. This type of queries is resolved with joins in Oracle,
like this:

select vdl.EnteredDate, count(*)
from myView vdl, dev.ListingShowing ls where ls.ListingID = vdl.ListingID group by vdl.EnteredDate;

This is going to work if you dont have rows with equal entered dates. Add outer join
operation if needed.

Regards,
Karen Abgarian.