Re: LOGGING vs NOLOGGING

From: tmgn <tmgn_at_excite.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:05:06 -0400

You are Right, Temp Segments do not generate REdo Information(Oracle is Brilliant is'nt it :)) and hence you do not need to worry about them.

It is better to Create a Huge Index with Nologging option to prevent lots of Redo Generation(affects performance drastically) and avoids LOG_ARCH_DEST fill up problems ets.
But make sure that the following Day's Backup runs fine. Otherwise you need to Create it manually in case of a Database Crash ,which could be painful..

-Thiru