Re: moving datafile

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:40:07 GMT

Try this. The tablespace is the one that the datafile belongs to.

  ALTER TABLESPACE tablespace_name OFFLINE;   Use OS commands to move datafile.
  ALTER TABLESPACE tablespace_name RENAME DATAFILE 'old_filename_&_location'

         TO 'new_filename_&_location';
  ALTER TABLESPACE tablespace_name ONLINE;

This can be done with the database up, but transactions to that tablespace will not be able to take place until the tablespace is brought back online.

HTH,
Brian