Re: Linux 8i on 32 mb ram system?

From: root <rechp_at_thebestisp.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:49:53 +0000

"Snebjørn Andersen" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to install Oracle 8i for Linux on a 32 mb ram system -
> the official minimum requirement is 128 megs - but have failed so far.
> Has anyone succeeded in installing 8i on a system this 'tiny'?
>
> /Bjørn
>
> --
> Snebjørn Andersen
> Software Developer
> Belle Systems
> E-mail: sa_at_bellesystems.com
> Tel.: +45 5944 2500

I had 64MB on my Dell Inspiron laptop (not the ideal database platform).

I got all sorts of odd errors just trying to create a small database (5MB SGA). I assumed the install
was bad but I upped the RAM to 128MB and things work fine now.

Paul Rech
Oracle DBA Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 07:49:53 CDT