Is it possible to include external programs into Oracle processes ??

From: Michael Keppler <Michael.Keppler_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:55:00 +0200

Hello everybody !

After figuring out that a Oracle compressed dump file can be compressed to less than 20 percent of its size by external compression software I got the idea of including external software into Oracle processes. Is this possible in general ? And if yes, can I only run external programs by calling them like in a shell or can I include them for instance like a filter process in a byte stream produced by Oracle??

We are running 8.0.5 on NT.

Ciao and Thank You, Michael.

--
Michael.Keppler_at_bigfoot.com Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 05:55:00 CDT