DBMS_SYS_SQL Privileges..??

From: Chittesh Mehta <chittesh_at_swi.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:28:57 +0800

Hi,

I have a stored procedure for creation of sequence and it is having following statement for creation of sequence.

create sequence TEST_0
increment by 1 start with 2
NOMAXVALUE
NOMINVALUE
NOCYCLE
NOCACHE This is executed using Dynamic SQL package DBMS_SQL

When we execute statement
DBMS_SQL.PARSE() with the above statement I get follwing error.

ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 491
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SQL", line 32
ORA-06512: at "MAXCARE.MX_CREATE_SEQUENCE", line 51
ORA-06512: at line 1

Where MaxCare is my user name (Owner of the procedure) and MX_CREATE_SEQUENCE is the procedure name.

I have chaked all the privileges required and looks ok.

Even I have recreated PACKAGE and PACKAGE BODY for DBMS_SQL and DBMS_SYS_SQL.

This is really a very much frustrating problem as I am not able to get any more information on this.

Any help on this will be highly appriciated.

Thanks Received on Fri Aug 20 1999 - 02:28:57 CDT