Re: C++ to Oracle Server

From: CCS <c.storm_at_kpn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 16:47:54 +0200

Dirk Bellemans wrote in message <7p3e09$12$1_at_news1.skynet.be>...

>The main disadvantage is that you have to set up a DSN at every client

Not really. You can configure a Visual Basic RDO client to connect through ODBC without a DSN. Works like a charm. We use it to put vital connection information into a secure MS-Access table, after which we use it to connect to Oracle 8.0 database in a dynamically build connection string.

C. Received on Thu Aug 19 1999 - 09:47:54 CDT