Install Ora 8I on Solaris 2.6

From: Michael Wieland <Michael.Wieland_at_cycosmos.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:39:15 +0200

Hi,
I have some trouble while installing Oracle 8I on a Solaris System. While creating the 1. database form the orainstallprogramm i become the errormessage :

ORA-03114 not connected to ORACLE

After playing a little bit with svrmrgl and so on I see, that never an ORACLE instance was startet. And I see sometimes the errormessage :

ORA-01034 ORACLE not available

Trying the dbstart returns immediatly without an error.

My system has only 256 MB phys. mem with 70 MB free. Can it be, that oracle needs more phys. mem to startup?

thanks for all suggestions

Michael Received on Thu Aug 19 1999 - 03:39:15 CDT