Re: Difference Between SYS and SYSTEM

From: Michael Mehling <m.mehling_at_atos-group.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:09:01 +0100

Hi,
I do not know exactly what the different is, all I know is that the SYS-User is the owner of the data dictionary and the SYSTEM-User ist the manager of the database (schema). Adding new tables or views to the data dictionary meens to create them. This can be as SYSTEM or as any other user of the database. For working with the database you do not need the SYS-User (Beware!). Use the SYSTEM-User to create other users, grant and revoke privileges to them and to manage the database. Best regards
Michael Mehling
Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 37BB8BC7.4AA3C78D_at_ntsource.com...