Send email from Oracle8: download available....

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 22:37:40 -0400

Hi folks:

I've added a utility to the site below that allows you to send SMTP email from an Oracle8.x database on NT via PL/SQL stored procedures, functions, and triggers. You simply call a stored procedure and pass it the necessary parms. The ZIP includes the Win32 DLL, the DDL source for the Oracle library and stored procedures, and a ReadMe.txt file with installation instructions and other details. Follow the links to Downloads -> SendMailFromDB.

I've seen many questions about sending email from PL/SQL, so please enjoy!
[Shameless plug: BEGIN...] It's a freebie, but if you like it so much you'd
like to pay for it, go to the MP3 homepage below and buy a CD from Disparity Of Cult instead! By it for yourself, or buy it as a gift for someone else!
[Shameless plug: END....]

Also, based on feedback, I've modifed the GIF file for the "Balanced Performance and Fault Tolerance" configuration model to display quite a bit better at lower resolutions. Follow the links to Configuration -> BPFT.

As usual, thanks for all the feedback and kind comments!

--
David C. Sisk
Need tech info on Oracle? Visit The Unofficial ORACLE on NT site at http://www.ipass.net/~davesisk/oont.htm Like original music? Listen to song samples and buy a CD at http://www.mp3.com/disparityofcult Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 21:37:40 CDT