Re: Error ORA-04091

From: sh <kiss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:54:04 -0700

Luca Cappelletti wrote:

> Hi!
> Is there anybody who knows this error?
> I'm calling a stored procedure from an "AFTER INSERT" trigger. The SP
> open a cursor and modifies a lot of records of the same table invoking
> the trigger.
>
> The error code and decription are: "ORA-04091: table MYSCHEMA.MYTABLE
> is mutating, trigger/function may not see it"
>
> Help me!
> Thanks in advance.
> Luca

if you do an oerr ora on this message number, the following is the explanation.

Hope this helps

// *Cause: A trigger (or a user defined plsql function that is referenced in
// this statement) attempted to look at (or modify) a table that was
// in the middle of being modified by the statement which fired it.
// *Action: Rewrite the trigger (or function) so it does not read that table Received on Wed Aug 18 1999 - 18:54:04 CDT