Re: Resolving Contentions?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:46:14 +0200

The average wait is the total time waited divided by the total number of waits.
I wouldn't focus on that area initially. You need to look into buffer cache hit rate and shared pool hit rate first, and maybe the page fault rate of your box.
Also, as to your post, without looking at output, it will be impossible to tell how to correct it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA